Was established in Johannesburg in 1954 by the late Baba Selsick under the title Selsick, Wolpe & Levy Architects.
The name evolved through the 60's and 70's to Selsick, Kinnear & Mitchell and finally to SKM Architects in 1983.
Over the years SKM Architects has gained a reputation for successful retail, commercial, hotel and resort developments. In more recent times, a number of educational, health, housing and industrial projects have been undertaken, providing a broader design perspective and approach.
The majority of senior staff members have been with the practise between 10 and 25 years, which has contributed greatly to maintaining the style and quality of the architecture of SKM.
The practise operates offices in South Africa (Johannesburg and Mafikeng) and Botswana (Gaborone).